Has your pet ever sought out a cool spot on a stone, ceramic or concrete floor? Many pets find it difficult to cool off in warm weather and enjoy the cool relief that comes from laying down on these types of surfaces.
What if your pet could experience that same cool relief, but from a more cushioned surface? Well now they can, with the advanced comfort found in the POLAR PAD. A Gel-Infused memory foam core with "phase change" technology provides the ultimate in cool relief! Generous 40.5" x 30" x .75" (3/4 inch) bed to fit all your puppers.
The secret behind how the Polar Pad works
If you are like many people .... you want to know how something works - the science involved in a product like this. In this tab we attempt to answer that question without giving away the cooling secret ... at least completely!
- Heavy, cumbersome and expensive water only cooling pet pads are now obsolete.
- The Polar Pad uses highly efficient "Phase Changing Gel ", rather than water, to absorb heat from your pet. This allows the cooling pad to be much lighter - making it easier for you to maneuver your Polar Pad around your home.
- The heat absorbing ability of the Polar Pad is based on a concept often presented in high school chemistry class called the Endothermic process. This process occurs slowly as the "Gel" absorbs heat from your pets body. As the "Gel" absorbs heat it partially changes phases from a mostly solid form to a more liquid form.
- Our Gel "recipe" is completely safe and has been extensively tested and formulated to produce optimum cooling efficiency, however it is a good idea to watch your pet as some may have allergies to the gel if ingested.
- Endothermic Process! Phase Change! Wow, that sounds complicated! It really is very simple - here is an example to illustrate the concept;
Example: Think of an ice pack on your elbow (or knee) - as the ice pack melts, it absorbs heat from your body which you feel as cool relief. The Gel in the Polar Pad produces a much more subtle cooling effect than an ice pack, but the concept is the same.
Depending on ambient air temperature, it normally takes 2 to 4 hours of continuous use before the Gel will completely change phases. Once this happens you can allow the Polar Pad to recharge on its own, or do a fast recharge by running cool water over the surface, placing in your refrigerator or even dunking it in a ice filled cooler if you are outdoors.
The really beautiful thing about this cooling bed is that you won't have to worry about freezing your poor little pup. Can't happen. The bed dissipates their body heat it does not infuse the dog with cold.