Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade 2.5# JugsFood Grade Diatomaceous Earth is a mainstay for organic garden pest control on farms. DE is used heavily by organic farms partly because of its organic nature. Still, non-organic growers also use DE for pest control because DE (Fossil Shell Flour) is so effective, and garden insects never become immune.
Mined from the purest of deposits from prehistoric freshwater lake beds, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth consists of finely milled silica shells of ancient, microscopic freshwater plants called diatoms. Of 600 deposits in the U.S., only four rates in purity by FDA standards to label as "Food Grade." We do not ship internationally.
DE kills bugs physically, not chemically. Food Grade DE is not only nonchemical - our DE is an OMRI-listed organic product. Note: If you plan to order two or more, you can save by ordering the four pack (DE-4-2.5-JUG), which includes 4 2.5 lb jugs. NOT FOR SALE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS-PLEASE ORDER THE EPA LABELED 5 OR 50 LB. BAG
Use D-Earth for:
- Ear mites in all animals.
- Hookworms and other internal parasites can be treated by sprinkling DE on a dog's food.
- For a large dog, use one tablespoon of DE daily for ninety days, then maintain the dose every three days for life.
- Use half the amount for small dogs.
- Sprinkle DE anywhere you think may harbor fleas and vacuum after two days.
- It can also be combed through your dog's coat for topical flea control.
- Internal parasites can be controlled by giving Diatomaceous Earth internally.
- It is very important to note that it must be food grade, the earth used in gardens and pool filters can damage your dog.
- Diatomaceous Earth can eliminate roundworms, whipworms, pinworms, and hookworms within seven days of being fed daily.
- To be most effective, Diatomaceous Earth should be fed for at least 30 days to catch all newly hatching eggs or the cycling of the worms through the lungs and back to the stomach.
- Food-grade DE is not a toxic agent, and it is very safe to use in the recommended dosage for worming pets, even very young puppies and kittens.
- The following can be given once or twice daily:
- Puppies and dogs weighing less than 10 pounds: .5 to 1 teaspoon
- Puppies and dogs weighing 11 to 19 pounds: 2 teaspoons
- Puppies and dogs weighing 20 to 50 pounds: 1 to 1.5 tablespoons
- Puppies and dogs weighing 51 to 100 pounds: 2 tablespoons
- Puppies and dogs weighing over 100 pounds: 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Kittens: .5 to 1 teaspoon
- Cats: 2 teaspoons
- As a preventive measure, DE can be mixed with your pet's food as a daily preventive to many types of intestinal parasites.
- Most dogs and cats do not react negatively to the taste or texture of the powder being added to their meals.
- You should take care to keep yourself and your pets from inhaling DE( feed on wet food or put water in their food), as it will cause irritation to the lungs due to its dehydrating effect.
- Similarly, avoid getting DE on your hands because it can cause severe dryness.
- To sum it up D-Earth is a go-to product when you need help.
- Control of fleas and ticks Stimulates basic metabolism
- Reduces the desire to lick soil & eat feces.
- Diarrhea: when fed it acts as a material that draws both virus and bacteria out of the body and solidifies the stool
- Better coat condition Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population
- Reduces annual vet bills
- Decreased Mortality
- Kills parasites without chemicals
- Reduces overall animal stress
NOTE: This item ships directly from the manufacturer. Manufacturers dictate the processing time from when they receive the order to when it ships. Manufacturers' processing time is noted under the cost of the item on the product page. While we can do special expedited shipping, the "expedited" part does not kick in until the shipping company has the product.